Feelings of anxiety or stress in life is normal from time to time. It is not nice, but abates as the external factor causing it passes. Anxiety is felt when there is a continual feeling of dread that persists, maybe with or without a specific cause or reason for it.
Anxiety can make you panic, thinking that the feeling can never go away and make you fear the present, and the future. The normal responses (fight, flight or freeze) that we have to protect us from real or perceived danger seem to be working over-time. Anxiety can be managed with counselling, and sometimes medication. Counselling offers practical coping strategies to manage your anxiety and a safe place to explore the root cause so that you can be happy once again. If you would like counselling for anxiety, please contact email me direct.
Symptoms of anxiety:
Anxiety has physical, behavioural and psychological aspects to it, therefore symptoms will include all three components :
- Rapid heart rate and increased muscle tension, or body weakness
- Breathing too fast – hyperventilation or difficulty in breathing – tight band across chest
- Dizziness and tingling hands and feet
- Needing to use the toilet more often
- Feeling sick, tension headaches, migraines and hot flushes
- Increased perspiration
- Dry mouth and trembling
- Choking sensations and palpitations
- Feeling like you are losing control and going mad, or that you may die
- Feeling like you are having a heart attack
- Feeling disassociated or detached- removed from the situation and people
- Feeling like you want to get away from everything
- Feeling hyper-vigilant and edgy
To have counselling for anxiety, please email me direct.